Thank you for your interest in residency programs at OneWorld Community Health Centers. OneWorld is a private, nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) dedicated to providing compassionate, affordable, high-quality health care and supportive services to everyone with a special commitment to uninsured, low-income and medically underserved persons.
OneWorld is accredited by the Joint Commission, the nation’s predominant health care quality standards-setting and accrediting body.
While we do emphasize time in the clinic, we also hope that each resident in our program will pursue a unique educational experience that will prepare them for whatever setting they ultimately enter upon graduation, whether it includes full-spectrum family medicine or pediatric care, a fellowship, hospitalist work or an outpatient-only practice.
Community-based ambulatory health care is the future of medicine in the United States, and OneWorld is excited to lead the way. Our program provides the highest quality education possible in a real-world setting designed to improve the health disparities of our community’s most vulnerable patients.
OneWorld’s core group of providers consists of full and part-time physicians, physician assistants, advanced practice registered nurses and certified nurse midwives, as well as diabetic educators, behavioral health counselors, social workers, dentists, dental hygienists, nutritionists, pharmacists and clinical pharmacists.
OneWorld offers family medicine, pediatric and women’s health residency rotations for residents from Creighton University, the University of Nebraska Medical Center and other affiliated medical schools.
Family Medicine Residency
In our Family Medicine Residency Program, we focus on providing culturally respectful, high-quality family medicine with special attention to the underserved. To this end, we do require all residents to be fluent in both English and Spanish, as a significant number of our patients speak Spanish as their main language.
The goal of OneWorld’s Family Medicine Residency Program is to recruit and train physicians from diverse backgrounds who are interested in providing care to the underserved communities of Omaha while providing high-quality, broad-based clinical education and experience.
*OneWorld currently offers both a one-month community rotation and a three-year continuity clinic with UNMC’s Urban Underserved Residency Track. Click here to learn more about UNMC’s Urban Underserved Residency Track.
Pediatric Residency Rotation
OneWorld’s Pediatric Residency Program focuses on providing culturally respectful, high-quality pediatric care with special attention to underserved children and adolescents. The following are the goals of the Pediatric Residency Program:
- Develop outstanding physicians who are prepared to provide comprehensive, compassionate and effective primary medical care in a variety of settings.
- Foster interpersonal and communication skills with patients, their families and health professionals in order to improve health outcomes.
- Develop physicians who are able to demonstrate knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological and social behavioral sciences as well as the application of this knowledge to patient care.
- Foster professionalism, as exemplified by compassion, integrity, accountability and sensitivity to diverse populations.
- Develop physicians who are able to critically appraise scientific evidence and apply it to practice and who are committed to self-learning and self-improvement.
- Encourage personal growth in the health care leaders of tomorrow who will work to improve the quality of patient care and health in their communities.
- Create a new generation of pediatric physicians dedicated to providing compassionate, affordable, high-quality health care and supportive services to everyone with a special commitment to uninsured, low-income and medically underserved persons.
OB and Women’s Health Residency Rotation
OneWorld’s OB/Women’s Health residency program is designed to provide an opportunity for resident physicians to achieve the cognitive knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the practice of obstetrics and gynecology, both as consultants in the specialty and for the provision of ambulatory primary health care for women. This program also provides the foundation for future career development. The clinical activities of the department are located in the OneWorld Women’s Health Center on the Livestock Exchange campus in South Omaha.
*OneWorld currently offers a four-year intense OB rotation for Creighton University OB residents. We also offer an OB clinic for UNMC family practice residents.
Request OneWorld Residency
Please complete the request form below to apply for entry into OneWorld’s residency or fellowship program: