April is National Volunteer Month, so we want to thank the individuals who give their time, talents and resources to OneWorld. In 2018, many individuals and groups volunteered at OneWorld in different ways, and we are grateful for every gift of time and effort. Our volunteers’ generosity makes a significant difference for our organization and for the patients who come to us for care.
In 2018, 126 volunteers helped out with various OneWorld programs and services:
- 1 administrative volunteer
- 10 Baby Boutique volunteers
- 8 child learning volunteers
- 14 childcare volunteers
- 8 diabetes and nutrition class volunteers
- 4 interpreting volunteers
- 27 Learning Community Center of South Omaha volunteers
- 6 pharmacy volunteers
- 1 provider aide
- 46 rotating Saving Grace food pantry volunteers
- 1 Service Learning volunteer
- 2 groups from churches that regularly support our patients
- Chiropractic care
- Critical care
- Internal medicine
- Otorhinolaryngology (Ear, nose and throat)
- Pediatric infectious disease
- Physical therapy
Volunteers are always needed and welcome at OneWorld. Angie Washington, OneWorld’s Volunteer Supervisor, works to help people find rewarding volunteer roles that are suited to their individual talents and strengths. If you’re interested in volunteering, please visit www.oneworldomaha.org/volunteer and fill out the volunteer application online. For more information, call Angie at (402) 502-8917 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specialty care physicians who would like to volunteer at OneWorld can contact Tay Orr at (402) 502-8860, and those who would like to volunteer in their own offices can contact Hope Medical Outreach Coalition at (402) 502-8887.