Advocacy & Outreach
Health care goes beyond offering services. Every day, people in our community face issues like poverty, food insecurity, poor living environments, lack of insurance and discrimination.
We use our voice to advocate for and connect our patients to resources to ensure their basic needs are met because our community matters, and we invite you to join us in the fight for health equity today.
Our efforts include:
- Testifying for bills and legislation to support our community, especially underserved and minority populations, at the local, state and federal level.
- Supporting the LGBTQIA2S+ community through our medical and behavioral health services and at community events including the annual Heartland Pride Festival.
- Providing interpretation services in various languages to break down language barriers.
- Offering a sliding fee scale to help every patient afford the medical, behavioral health and dental services they may need.
- Our pharmacy offers discounted pricing through the 340B Drug Pricing Program and connects uninsured patients to Medication Assistance Programs.
- Our Covid-19 Vaccine Outreach team offers in-home vaccine appointments for those with transportation barriers, and goes door-to-door in the South Omaha area to offer vaccines and education for neighborhoods and businesses.
Why We Care for All People
- Without OneWorld’s sliding fee scale, 3,665 uninsured children would have gone without medical and dental care in 2022.
- In 2022, 33% of OneWorld dental patients were uninsured and relied on the dental sliding fee scale to afford dental care.
- In 2022, over 680 patients suffering from depression or anxiety symptoms sought care at OneWorld every month.
- In 2022, 514 OneWorld Pharmacy patients were able to afford prescriptions because of the Medication Assistance Program, a total of nearly $5 million in savings.
At OneWorld, we are driven by the belief that everyone deserves access to the best health care possible, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, gender identity, disability, military status, veteran status, immigration statues or ability to pay.