Since our first clinic opened in 1970, volunteers have been a vital part of OneWorld. Back then, our clinic never could have provided services to the community if not for those in the community, physicians and dentists who volunteered their services and skills. Today, volunteers and students continue to make important contributions to our mission of providing culturally respectful, high-quality health care to the underserved.
The goal of the OneWorld Community Health Centers volunteer program is to foster a mutually beneficial environment for both the organization and our volunteers. We strive to provide volunteers with an understanding of OneWorld’s mission and how their involvement contributes to its success.
We appreciate your interest in volunteering for OneWorld Community Health Centers. As an accredited clinic, OneWorld must meet accreditation standards and as a result we ask that you:
- Complete a volunteer application
- Commit to a minimum of 20 total service hours
- Interview for placement
- Attend a general orientation class
- Present a valid photo ID
- Provide three professional references for clinical positions
- Provide a letter of good standing from your educational institution, if applicable
- Present a copy of current licensure, if applicable
- Present a current BLS CPR, if applicable
- Tuberculosis screening
Volunteers for more than six weeks must also complete the following:
- Pass a drug screen
- Pass a criminal background check
- Provide a copy of immunization records
- Pass a query of the Office of Inspector General
The first step to volunteering at OneWorld is to complete the application below. If you have submitted an application and have follow-up questions, please reach out to OneWorld Human Resources by email.