If you have prediabetes or other risk factors for Type 2 diabetes, it’s time to take charge of your health. The PreventT2 lifestyle change program can help you make lasting changes to prevent Type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes Prevention classes are taught by Leticia Flores de Garcia, Certified Wellness Coach.
These free classes are virtual with flexible times and schedules. Classes are offered in English and Spanish.
To qualify for this program you must be 19 years or older and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Do not have a previous diagnosis of Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes.
- Received a diagnosis of prediabetes within the past year.
- Have a history of diabetes in your family.
- Have a HbA1c level of 5.7-6.4%.
- Have a fasting plasma glucose level of 100-125 mg/dL.
- Have a 2-hour plasma glucose level (after a 75 gm glucose load) of 140-199 mg-dL.
- Had a previous diagnosis of gestational diabetes.
To register, please call (531) 333-2279.